LifeWalk is Dallas' largest and longest running AIDS walk. LifeWalk includes a fun 5k (3.2 mile) walk & run and festival in Oak Lawn Park. Last year, walkers, teams, and sponsors raised over $551,094 to change the lives of Dallas community member’s with HIV and AIDS.
LifeWalk began in 1990 in response to the AIDS epidemic in the local Dallas and national communities. LifeWalk has since grown into a walk and festival raising funds and awareness around HIV and AIDS in Dallas and all of North Texas.
LifeWalk benefits Prism Health North Texas. Prism Health North Texas is the largest local nonprofit HIV and AIDS service organization in North Texas, serving individuals with HIV and reaching thousands more with testing, prevention and education efforts. Prism Health North Texas has served Dallas and the 12 surrounding counties for over 30 years.
Prism Health North Texas' Broad Array of Services:
- Medical care: Providing HIV care and wellness services in South Dallas and Oak Cliff
- Case Management: Enabling access to medical care and support services
- Testing: Free HIV, STI, and Hepatitis C testing
- Outreach & Education: Informing and mobilizing the Dallas community
- Prevention: Striving towards an HIV-free world
- HIV Empowerment: Helping people with HIV to be healthy and strong
All services are provided regardless of ability to pay
Day of Info
Thousands of adults and kids come out to support LifeWalk each year. The 5K (3.2 miles) fun walk is through the beautiful Turtle Creek and Uptown neighborhood, beginning in Oak Lawn Park. Registration is happening online right now or register on Oct. 1 starting at 11 am. The walk will begin at 1 pm on October 1, 2017.
Find all of this and more at LifeWalk:
- Families of all types and sizes
- Four legged friends
- Free HIV testing
- Local vendors
- Food and drink for purchase
- Free entertainment
Food trucks will be selling food and beverages at the festival. ATMs will be located near registration. There will also be lots of vendors and festival activities for kids and pets! So come early and stay after the walk to enjoy the festivities!